Dog and Cat Adoptions are every Wednesday and Thursday 6pm-8pm and every Saturday 11 am to 3 pm at the Pet Refuge Shelter. Or simply apply online today!
See our Events page for other adoption dates and times or any last minute changes to these times.
Our adoption process is designed to find the best possible homes for our animals and the best possible animal for our adoptor’s household. It starts with an application and two interviews to find the best fit. The application includes some checks as applicable to each situation. If the adoptor has other animals we help with the introduction to help ensure harmony in the household. Depending on each situation this process usually takes 48 hours.
All adoptions include the following services:
Compare the regular average vet costs listed below with the adoption fee and you’ll quickly realize that adopting from Pet Refuge is a great deal!
- Spay or Neuter surgery (done prior to adoption) – regular cost at a vets office is $150 to $400!
- Rabies vaccination – regular cost $25 to $40
- FRCP Vaccination for cats – regular cost $25 to $40
- FIV/Feline Leukemia Test for cats – regular cost $25 to $35
- De-worming Treatments – regular cost $20+ each treatment
- Flea and/or Ear-Mite Treatments – regular cost $10+ each treatment
- Avid Microchip (in case your pet gets lost) – $25 to $50
Kittens – $100
Adult Cats (ages 1 to 6) – $75
Senior Cats (age 7 and up) – $50
Special Needs Cats – $50