Some great local options to get your pets microchipped and vaccinated at a budget friendly price. Check out the resources below.
• Preventative Health of Michiana: Low-cost vaccinations, microchips, and preventative care. Phone: (574) 355-3444. Email: PreventativePetHealth@gmail.com. Website: www.preventativepethealth.com
• VIP Pet Care: Pop-up clinic that provides low-cost vaccinations, microchips, and preventative care. Visit their website for locations/times at www.VIPpetcare.com or call 1-800-427-973. They usually visit Tractor Supply Co in Mishawaka and Pet Supplies Plus in South Bend on Sundays.
• VETCO: Pop-up clinic that provides low-cost vaccinations, microchips, and preventative care. Visit their website for locations/times at www.vetcoclinics.com or call 1-877-838-7468. They usually visit Petco in Granger on Saturdays.
• ABC Clinic: Low-cost spay/neuter services, vaccinations, and microchips. Best to schedule online at www.petrefugeabcclinic.com/how-to-schedule-an-appointment . Phone: (574) 291-7729
• Pet Friendly Services of Indiana: Offers support to owners and shelters needing to get pets spayed/neutered. Through voucher programs at participating vets: https://petfriendlyservices.org/
• Public Vet: Offers low-cost spay/neuter services. Travels around Indiana. Website: https://pub.vet/
Outdoor Community Cats
• The Meow Mission: Trap/Neuter/Return services for unowned outside cats in St. Joseph County. Phone: (574) 300-3353. Email: email@example.com. Website: www.TheMeowMission.org
• The Elkhart County Feral Cat Coalition: Trap/Neuter/Return services for unowned outside cats in Elkhart County. Phone: (574) 214-7125. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.elkhartferalcats.wordpress.com/
Local Financial Resources & Aid for Pets
• Frantz L. Dantzler Friends for Life Fund: Provides assistance for veterinary clients who cannot afford to pay for basic pet care. In order to qualify, clients must be able to show proof at the participating veterinary clinics that they are eligible for government assistance for low income individuals or families. Visit their website for details www.frantzfund.com.
• Fido Fund of Michiana: www.Facebook.com/thefidofundofmichiana They help assist needy pet owners. You must visit their Facebook page and message them for assistance. Qualifications may apply.